Indianapolis Couple Photographer | casey and her camera
Earlier this month I shot an engagement session for an upcoming August wedding and I NEED to share these images with you so that I can provide inspiration on ‘what to wear’. These two didn’t need multiple outfits – there was no need to change. They were comfortable the. entire. time. And all it took to change things up was to add a sweater or a scarf. And I loved EVERY BIT OF IT. Here are my tips on what to wear!
1. Coordinate, but DO NOT MATCH. Be comfortable!
2. Seriously. Don’t match. Wear opposite colors. They weren’t sure these really went together and I told them I loved it, and I wasn’t lying. I’m still not. And this is getting pinned to my ‘what to wear’ board on Pinterest.
3. Cuffed sleeves also have a magical power – the power to turn dressy into casual. 😉 Start without the cuff to avoid wrinkly dress-photos. Then cuff at the end for a more relaxed look!
4. Patterns can be your best friend, or your worst nightmare. Check out her shirt… there’s a tiny, subtle pattern… and guess what color’s right in the center? You guessed it! PINK! Be careful, though, patterns that are too large, bold, or dizzying can be overpowering and also can create weird effects in the images.
5. You saw the shoes in the beginning, but I bring them back at the close. Even their jeans are well-paired. Not quite the same color, but similar shades. Oops… there’s that art teacher in me coming out. 😀 I bring back the shoes because his shoes are pretty fabulous – classy-dressy-casual… they’re a little bit of everything! And did you see her sandals? Same idea… so versatile!
BONUS!! Accessories! Of course, you recognize this ring as seen here. If you have this as part of your wardrobe-to-wear, please do. It’s GORGEOUS! Scarves and chunky necklaces work, too!
casey and her camera is an Indianapolis Couple Photographer specializing in family, couple, lifestyle, senior, and wedding photography for Indianapolis and the surrounding areas.
May 29, 2014